Welcome to KG1 Seahorses
Welcome to KG1 seahorses!
I am so excited to have your child as part of our classroom family and be working alongside you all in your child's learning journey. My name is Ms Kasey and i will be your child's teacher alongside my assistant teacher Ms Jovy.
Any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
Take a peek inside our class...
Qatar National Day
- thursday the 13th we re celebrating qatar national day with schoolwide celebrations. Please dress your child in Qatar national dress.
- Our assembly will also be the morning of the 13th at 7.30.
- Please DO NOT remove artwork from the drying rack. When art is ready it will come home with your child.
· This Sunday is our class trip to Baladna Park. This is in relation to our term 2 big idea, “the world around me”. This unit is about animals and transportation. Students can feed camels and rabbits, drive water boats, and enjoy a long ride in our school bus.
· Kg1 seahorse’s assembly. Assembly will be held on this Thursday morning at 7.30. Our children will put on a special Qatari national day celebration assembly. Please dress children in national dress for this day as we will also be having our school Qatar national day celebration.
· Classroom illnesses: If your child is sick, please keep them home until they are well. There are a lot of nasty bugs being spread around our classroom. We do not want other children getting sick or the teachers, Ms Kasey and Ms Jovy get sick too!
A Peek at Our Week!
· Baladna park
· Arts and crafts for Qatar national day celebrations
· Assembly practice with KG1 seals
· Hand and eye coordination activities
· All about the letter I
Songs, books and resources!
· As we begin to focus on the letter of the week it would be super helpful to continue this learning at home by talking to your child about things starting with I and reminding them of the letter I sound.
· Please allow your children to become familiar with jolly phonics as we will following this in class.
· Our focus story will be “Victory over Abu Derya” in celebration of Qatar national day.
Have a fun and safe week.
Ms Kasey & Ms Jovy
Today the children were treated to a visit from Ali the paramedic. They had so much fun exploring the ambulance and learning about how paramedics save lives. Emanuel even got to be a part of the demonstration.
Our class ESLR Awards
Patrick - Independant Learner
Patrick is confident and shows independence through his learning.
Mohammed K - Ethical individal
Mohammed takes care of his friends and makes good choices.
Malik - Critical Thinker
Malik is confident and reflective. He shows indpeendance through his learning
Nadia - Ethical individal
Nadia takes care of her friends and makes good choices.
Timetable term 1 2018
Sunday: Arabic class 8:00 - 8:45
Monday: Arabic class 9:30 - 10:15
Tuesday: Physical education (P.E) 8:00 - 8:45
Wednesday: Physical eduction (P.E) 7:15 - 8:00
Thursday: islamic studies 8:00 - 8:45
Fun and Educational Websites for Kids
- Storyline Online
- Phonics Play