Welcome to KG2 Homepage
Welcome to the KG2 Homepage. Within this page you will find related important information and notices that apply to all KG2 classes. For information and notices that apply to a specific KG2 class, please visit the class homepage that your child is in by clicking on the three horizontal lines on the top left hand side of this page click on KG2 and then select your child's class. Please visit the KG2 homepage and your child's class page regularly as the KG2 team might put up important information for you.
- April 5th to 10th May: Alphabet Days - Please follow the letter days as mentioned in the document (Link below)
- 22nd to 25th April: Science Week
- 22nd April: World Earth Day
- 25th April: Secretary Appreciation Day
KG2 Team for the Academic Year 2017-2018
Team Leader: Ms. Saja Sooud 1. KG2 Owls - Ms. Saja Sooud and Ms. Naida
2. KG2 Swans - Ms. Emma and Ms. Jenny 3. KG2 Toucans - Ms. Nancy and Ms. Filma
4. KG2 Falcons - Ms. Renee and Ms. Jonna 5. KG2 Eagles - Ms. Marissa and Ms. Katty
6. KG2 Humming Birds - Ms. Keisha and Ms. Clara Floating TA - Ms. Gina
Alphabet Days are starting from 28th March. Please click on this link to view the alphabet list and the description and requirements for the specific activities for the letter of the day.
1. Please do not send your sick children to school especially with fever, vomiting and diarrhea. The sick child is going to make the teachers and the other children sick who are in the classroom. Please think of the inconvenience this is going to cause you when the School Nurse contacts to you to collect your child.
2. School finishes at 12 noon sharp. Please collect your child on time as part of the school policy.
3. We are trying to promote healthy eating habit, so please organise for your child healthy snacks all the time. Unpacked chocolates and chocolate biscuits are not allowed.
4. Please note that siblings are not permitted to accompany parents on school trips due to Health & Safety concerns. We would like to thank our parents who have volunteered to accompany our students and we look forward to having many great trips together.
The KG2 team would like to welcome you back to another great year full of exciting new things that are happening in EMS and to our fresh new environment that I am sure you have noticed this morning starting from out spacious corridors and the new hooks. We would like to welcome our new families that have just joined our EMS family this year.
I would like to bring to your attention the following things:
1. Our school day starts at 7:00 am and tardy is at 7:10 am and we finish at 12:00 noon. Please inform the school if your child is going to be absent. It is very important to pick up your child at 12:00, the children are doing a lot of physical and mental activities through out the day so by the end of the day they are going to be super tired and ready to have a short afternoon nap.
2. I would like to bring to your attention in regard to trolley bags that some students have brought to school today. An email was sent out during the holiday that trolly bags are not allowed this year for safety reasons. So please if you have sent your child with a trolley bag today please change the bag to a normal backpack.
3. Please send with your child extra clothes including underwear in a plastic bag labeled with your child's name incase of any accidents. the change of clothes will be kept in the classroom.
4. Please send enough water with your child as the weather is still hot and the children require plenty of water throughout the day.
5. Please notify the class teacher via email if your child is not going to be picked up by a relative or a driver that we have not seen before. Your child will not be released to anyone who the class teacher is not familiar with. PLEASE REMEMBER SCHOOL FINISHES AT 12 noon.
KG2 Important Documentation
We follow an Exploratory Curriculum with learning through play and discovery. Our subjects are integrated and language enriched.
Please click on the above link for Term 2 Big Ideas, focus topics and skills.
The KG2 classes have a monthly scheduled assembly. These assemblies are conducted by two hosting classes that join together to display a performance or a segment representing a topic or an event. These classes are announced on this page when the time comes close to the assembly date. The two hosting classes will ask their parents to attend the assembly. The assemblies usually take place on Thursdays at 7:30 am. The invitation is to the parents of the hosting classes only please. If you come to attend an assembly and your child's class is not the hosting class you are going to be disappointed as you will not see your child performing.