Ms. Nancy and Ms. Filma
* Arabic books will go home with your child every Sunday and need to be returned every Thursday.
- February 4th - KG2 Swans and KG2 Toucans trip Cafe Ceramic permission slips have been sent home. Please return them signed.
- February 7th - KG2 Swans and KG2 Toucans Assembly and 100 Days of School.
- February 10 th Sports day (Toucans class wears blue T-shirts).
- February 12th- 14th - Mid Term Break School will resume on the 17th Feb.
- February 17th - Citizenship Week
- February 24th - 28th - Book Week
- February 25th - 28th Trip MIA Library and Park - dates for our class to be announced.
I hope this email finds you well. We have our Sports Day this coming Sunday February 10th. Our class color is BLUE and all the children should come into school wearing
Today we are sending home the Blue t-shirts the children decorated at the beginning of the year. Your child can wear this Blue t-shirt or any plain Blue colored t-shirt of their choice.
Thank you so much for your continued support and cooperation and I hope you have a great day!
You are welcome to come to school and see your child during the sport day activities in the field.
TOUCAN TOUCANS LETS GO !!!
It is already 100th day in school! We will be making trail mix using 100 items and lots of fun filled activities which your child will learn the value of each number he/she will account, make estimates and one to one counting. We will need the following items. Please have your item by Wednesday 6th February and remember you do not need to buy all of the list below, 2 to 3 items is going to be ok.
1. Marshmallows 2. Popcorn
3. Popcorn 4. M&Ms
5. Fruit Loops 6. Pretzels
7. Gummy Bears 8. Raisins
9. Jelly Beans 10. Cheerios
11. Goldfish cracker 12. Skittles
13. Chocolate chips 14. Teddy Grahams
Congratulations to Qatar National team on the great win at the Asian Cup 2019 semi-finals. The English Modern School wishes a legendary win in the final match. In support of the team, staff and students are encouraged to wear Qatar national colors on Thursday 31st January, 2019.
مبروك لفريق قطر الوطني فوزهم الكاسح في مباراة نصف النهائي بكأس آسيا 2019. تتمنى المدرسة الإنجليزية الحديثة تحقيق فوز أسطوري في المباراة النهائية. لدعم الفريق، نُشجع فريق العمل والطلاب بالمدرسة على ارتداء ألوان العلم القطري يوم الخميس الموافق 31 يناير 2019.
Volunteers Needed For Our Field Trip
We would like to be able to go to the Field trip planned for Cafe Ceramic, on Monday 4th February but, we need mommy's that could join us in order for us to go. Please contact Ms. Nancy if you can make it to the trip. We Would like to have fun there.
Our school is a nut FREE school and we have a NO nut policy - No nuts, NO peanut butter sandwiches and NO food containing nuts please.
Please do not send anything containing nuts because we have friends with nut allergies. Lets help keep our children safe.
Welcome to KG2 Toucans
We would like to welcome you and your child to the 2018-2019 KG2 Toucan class. My name is Nancy Ford. I was born in Venezuela, raised in a bilingual home and speak fluent English and Spanish. This is my 7th year working at English Modern School in Doha. Been working ( Venezuela, Seoul, Tanzania / Shinyanga). I enjoy trying to help with your child's first foundation and I understand what it is to be raised in a bilingual home.
Our classroom assistant is Ms. Filma Combao. We want your child to feel secure and that he/she can approach the two classroom teachers equally. Our aim is to provide your child with a nurturing and safe environment, were different skills will be learnt in a fun way. These skills will be the ones that will help with your child's foundations to be carried for the rest of his or her life.
The following information is very important. Please read it carefully and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- The school day time is from 7:00 am – 12:00 pm. Punctuality is greatly appreciated. Please notify the school if your child will be late or absent. If your child arrives at 7:10 it’s consider a tardy and will need a pass to enter the classroom.
- Kindly keep up to date with our KG2 Team’s Google page and our class KG2 Toucans Google page for any important information and updates. I will not be sending out many emails, as all our information will be displayed on the Google site.
- For snack please enclose healthy small snacks such as fresh fruits or sandwiches (Finger food). Please, No Nuts, Chocolate, candy bars or sodas.
- Please send a plastic thermos instead of glass bottles or jars for your child's drink. (Plastic is safe for your child).
- Please label all personal items that are going to be sent to school.
- If your child needs to take any medication on a regular basis, please contact the nurse.
- Children must not bring jewelry to school. We will not be responsible for any losses.
- Your child should bring a change of clothes just in case of emergencies (These items will stay in school on a regular basis).
Ms. Filma Combao
The Toucans Class