Happy Father's Day,
We love you Daddy!
Alphabet Days are starting from March 28th. Please click on this link to view the alphabet list and the description and requirements for the specific activities for the letter of the day. Hope all the children can participate with this even. The list is given to you early so you can plan accordingly.
For the 3rd Term
Our big idea for this third term is "What can I do?" It is about taking care of our body, identify different body parts of our body and senses. It also includes performing arts like dancing, singing, painting and role play. We will help bring out the best in them through critical and creative thinking activities, talk about what they can be when they grow up. They will learn more about their environment and how to save it.
With your support, our children continued to develop strong fine motor skills, expanded vocabulary and independence.
We will continue to focus on:
- rhyming words
- name writing and labeling
- number writing
- ordinal numbers
As a regular routine we continue to practice writing our names, count the number from 1-20 and backwards (children also see the value of numbers through different games), do the calendar (date, months of the year), Alphabet and letter sounds and Number bingo, Jenga, magnatiles blocks etc. Games are constantly changing in the classroom and these will help the children develop or strengthen different skills that are important for their foundation. We are reading to the children often to enrich their vocabulary and help them imagine, predict, and makeup their own stories. Sing a lot, Cut, rip draw, glue. Give your child the chance to explore different art materials and games.
Welcome to KG2 Toucans
We would like to welcome you and your child to the 2017-2018 KG2 Toucan class. My name is Nancy Ford. I was born in Venezuela, raised in a bilingual home and speak fluent English and Spanish. This is my 6th year working at English Modern School in Doha. Been working ( Venezuela, Seoul, Tanzania / Shinyanga). I enjoy trying to help with your child's first foundation and I understand what it is to be raised in a bilingual home.
Our classroom assistant is Ms. Filma Combao. We want your child to feel secure and that he/she can approach the two classroom teachers equally. Our aim is to provide your child with a nurturing and safe environment, were different skills will be learnt in a fun way. These skills will be the ones that will help with your child's foundations to be carried for the rest of his or her life.
The following information is very important. Please read it carefully and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- The school day time is from 7:00 am – 12:00 pm. Punctuality is greatly appreciated. Please notify the school if your child will be late or absent. If your child arrives at 7:10 it’s consider a tardy and will need a pass to enter the classroom.
- For snack please enclose healthy small snacks such as fresh fruits or sandwiches (Finger food). Please, no candy bars or sodas.
- Please send a plastic thermos instead of glass bottles or jars for your child's drink. (Plastic is safe for your child).
- Please label all personal items that are going to be sent to school.
- If your child needs to take any medication on a regular basis, please contact the nurse.
- Children must not bring jewelry to school. We will not be responsible for any losses.
- Your child should bring a change of clothes just in case of emergencies (These items will stay in school on a regular basis).
Ms. Filma Combao
The Toucans Class