I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for a wonderful year and to say how much I will miss your children. We had a great year of fun, creativity and learning and I am so happy to have had your children in my class. I can’t wait to see them continuing to grow and progress next year!
Following our summer program over the summer will help prepare your child for Year 1. Keep reading to your child daily in order to develop vocabulary, 15 minutes a day will help them greatly. Keep speaking in English as much as possible and continue to encourage your child to draw something they enjoyed from days out and stories you read. By asking them to label their drawings with the beginning sounds and some simple CVC words would greatly prepare them for their transition into Year 1. Continue reviewing numbers, counting forward and back and looking at ordinal numbers and shapes both 2d and 3d.
Please click here for the Summer Calendar 2018 in Arabic.
Please click here for the Summer Calendar 2018 in English.
I hope you have a fantastic summer and thank you again for all your support and cooperation.
Ms. Nancy and Ms. Filma
Welcome to KG2 Toucans
We would like to welcome you and your child to the 2017-2018 KG2 Toucan class. My name is Nancy Ford. I was born in Venezuela, raised in a bilingual home and speak fluent English and Spanish. This is my 6th year working at English Modern School in Doha. Been working ( Venezuela, Seoul, Tanzania / Shinyanga). I enjoy trying to help with your child's first foundation and I understand what it is to be raised in a bilingual home.
Our classroom assistant is Ms. Filma Combao. We want your child to feel secure and that he/she can approach the two classroom teachers equally. Our aim is to provide your child with a nurturing and safe environment, were different skills will be learnt in a fun way. These skills will be the ones that will help with your child's foundations to be carried for the rest of his or her life.
The following information is very important. Please read it carefully and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- The school day time is from 7:00 am – 12:00 pm. Punctuality is greatly appreciated. Please notify the school if your child will be late or absent. If your child arrives at 7:10 it’s consider a tardy and will need a pass to enter the classroom.
- For snack please enclose healthy small snacks such as fresh fruits or sandwiches (Finger food). Please, no candy bars or sodas.
- Please send a plastic thermos instead of glass bottles or jars for your child's drink. (Plastic is safe for your child).
- Please label all personal items that are going to be sent to school.
- If your child needs to take any medication on a regular basis, please contact the nurse.
- Children must not bring jewelry to school. We will not be responsible for any losses.
- Your child should bring a change of clothes just in case of emergencies (These items will stay in school on a regular basis).
Ms. Filma Combao
The Toucans Class