Ms. Nancy and Ms. Filma
* Please bring a blue t-shirt by sept 20th 2019. Information on the bottom.
- Take a look at the ESLR's for the week Pop awards are posted in the KG2 main page.
Toucans Weekly News
16th - 20th September 2018
This week we are going to continue talking about our Big Idea. The children will develop a further understanding of relationships and communications. We are going to continue discussing and learning about our family and friends . we will also be reading and reviewing our All about me books. We will continue watching our family videos, discussing how we play with our friends and what we enjoy doing the most with them. We will be reviewing our class rules through whole class discussions and our Second Step program. We will be reading various stories with our children, focusing on the story, 'Goldilocks and the Three Bears'. Our double classroom activities will be centered around learning and reviewing shapes and colors and Goldilocks and the 3 bears activities. Center activities throughout the two classrooms will enable the children to move freely where ever they chose, while learning and exploring different activities related to the same concept. These will also be repeated and discussed as a class during our separate circle time sessions. Singing, music and movement also play a large role in our classrooms as this encourages rhythm, rhyming, patterns and language acquisition and the children love it! We are going to begin writing in our journal by discussing what we did on the weekend and by drawing our 'Weekend News'. We are going to continue practicing our fine motor skills and pre-writing activities by developing our arm muscles and pencil grip. We will practice writing lines and shapes on white boards, our light tables and by using play dough. Fine motor activities will continue throughout the week in various forms during our morning centers and throughout the day. Kindly check our photographs at the end of the week to see the different activities our children have been up too!
Note: Please remember to bring a plain blue t-shirt (label it with your child's name) on thursday and wear the full school uniform that day.
20th September is T-shirt Day
Please send blue plain t-shirt by 20th September. The children will decorate the t-shirt with permanent markers so please make sure the t-shirt is plain and that it is ok to write on. The children will wear the t-shirt in class for Math Activities. We are going to keep the t-shirt in the classroom so we can use it from time to time and it will also be used for Sports Day in February.
On the 20th Sept. The KG2 Students will come to school with normal school uniform
KG2 Toucans = Blue
Toucans Weekly News
09 -13 September 2018
This week we have continued to enjoy settling into the school routine. We have been reading stories together, playing and exploring different centers activities including threading, play dough, drawing and construction. We have been using whiteboards to practice our pre-writing. Class games to review our numbers and colours and we enjoy singing lots of songs! We really love dancing Zumba to Go Noodle! We have been talking all about our family, friends and homes. We started making our all about me book! (Made our hand, foot prints, drew our friends and family and spoke about our favorite color). We will continue discussing this next week, along with class activities related to them. This week we have been working hard on reviewing our class rules and how we should play nicely with our friends. We have been talking about sharing, how we should speak nicely to our friends and use good words. We have done so well this week and have loved exploring our fantastic double classroom!
Toucans ESLR's for
09 - 13th September 2018
Meet the Teacher Slide show
Our school is a nut FREE school and we have a NO nut policy - No nuts, NO peanut butter sandwiches and NO food containing nuts please.
Please do not send anything containing nuts because we have friends with nut allergies. Lets help keep our children safe.
Welcome to KG2 Toucans
We would like to welcome you and your child to the 2018-2019 KG2 Toucan class. My name is Nancy Ford. I was born in Venezuela, raised in a bilingual home and speak fluent English and Spanish. This is my 7th year working at English Modern School in Doha. Been working ( Venezuela, Seoul, Tanzania / Shinyanga). I enjoy trying to help with your child's first foundation and I understand what it is to be raised in a bilingual home.
Our classroom assistant is Ms. Filma Combao. We want your child to feel secure and that he/she can approach the two classroom teachers equally. Our aim is to provide your child with a nurturing and safe environment, were different skills will be learnt in a fun way. These skills will be the ones that will help with your child's foundations to be carried for the rest of his or her life.
The following information is very important. Please read it carefully and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- The school day time is from 7:00 am – 12:00 pm. Punctuality is greatly appreciated. Please notify the school if your child will be late or absent. If your child arrives at 7:10 it’s consider a tardy and will need a pass to enter the classroom.
- Kindly keep up to date with our KG2 Team’s Google page and our class KG2 Toucans Google page for any important information and updates. I will not be sending out many emails, as all our information will be displayed on the Google site.
- For snack please enclose healthy small snacks such as fresh fruits or sandwiches (Finger food). Please, No Nuts, Chocolate, candy bars or sodas.
- Please send a plastic thermos instead of glass bottles or jars for your child's drink. (Plastic is safe for your child).
- Please label all personal items that are going to be sent to school.
- If your child needs to take any medication on a regular basis, please contact the nurse.
- Children must not bring jewelry to school. We will not be responsible for any losses.
- Your child should bring a change of clothes just in case of emergencies (These items will stay in school on a regular basis).
Ms. Filma Combao
The Toucans Class