Welcome to the Primary Physical Education Department
Physical Education at EMS promotes equal participation, fun, skill development, physical fitness, teamwork, sportsmanship, cooperation, leadership and how to lead a healthy and active lifestyle. Children are provided with opportunities to develop their personal, social, cognitive and physical skills through school sport and extra-curricular program.
Throughout the school, P.E. is taught twice a week in 45 minutes sessions. Each class is allocated specific timetabled slots, giving them priority of the main gym or outdoor areas.
Swimming is taught in all classes from Year 1 to Year 6.
We provide a wide range of extra curricular after school activities . For more information you can check the After School Activities page.
We regularly enter sports competitions within the QPPSSA (Qatar Private Primary School Sports Association) as well as friendly tournaments and matches.
The house system is a traditional feature of schools in the English-speaking world. Each child is allocated to one ‘house’ at the moment of enrolment. Historically, the house system was associated with full boarding schools, where a ‘house’ referred to a boarding house at the school.
Here at EMS the students earn house points to record their academic and non-academic achievements. Students can be awarded 1, 2 or even 3 Points for a variety of reasons. The system aims to encourage a real sense of pride and achievement as well as fostering a strong community spirit amongst them.
Follow the live update
- Answering question, having a go
- Perseverance to overcome a task
- Giving a 100%
- Excellent and consistent work in a topic / area over a sustained period of time
- Neat and tidy work
- Team work
- Reaching out to other children when they are in need of a friend or some support.
- Sharing without having to be asked
- Helping a friend in or out of the classroom
- Good manners
- Holding a door open
- Sitting nicely
- Setting a good example
- Helping others
- Tidying up / Picking up litter
- Smartly dressed (Correct uniform)
- Responding to adult and making eye contact
- Following instructions
- Prepared for class, by wearing the EMS sports kit / swim wear.
- Help carry equipment to and from lesson or set up or clear away equipment when asked.
- Help carry equipment to and from lesson or set up or clear away equipment without being asked.
- Become a leader within your peers and help others in your team / group / class without being asked.
- Show positive attitudes games situations, respecting the referee's decision.
- Persevere and don't give up on the skill.
- Follow instructions and practise the skills to the best of your ability.
- Consistently demonstrating impeccable behaviour and good spots etiquette.