Welcome to Year 1-1
Ms. Mel and Ms. Jules
Book Week 25-29th March
Dear parents this week we are celebrating book week in school. We would love parents to come in to class and read to the children. We have the books if you have the time! You can also bring your own book.
Please email me to set up a reading slot
Please scroll down for Photo Gallery
My name is Ms. Mel and I am from Romania. This is my 13th year of teaching Primary students and my 8th year teaching Year 1 at English Modern School, Doha.
I will be working with a wonderful Teacher Assistant. Ms Jules has been working at EMS for the past 6 years and this is her 2nd year in Year 1.
I believe that giving students choices rather than directives they will feel empowered to learn. Learning is a lifelong process and I want to instill that passion in my students.
I look forward to an amazing year with my super students.
Here is some important information:
- School opens at 6:45am, lessons start at 7:15 and finish at 13:45pm. Kindly be on time to pick up your child as they get really tired by the end of the day.
- PE Days are: Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Art Days are: Sundays & Wednesdays
- Islamic Days are: Mondays & Thursdays
- Qatar History Day is : Sunday
- Send healthy snack and avoid sending chocolate sandwich, chocolate milk, candies.
- Send enough water for the entire day and label the bottle.
- Label all your child's belongings (backpack, jackets, hat, lunch box, water bottle)
- If your child is sick do not bring him/her to school and bring or send the doctor suspension. Any medicine should be taken to the school doctor because she is the only person authorized to give it to the kid.
- If you would like an appointment or contact me please send an email email@example.com or call the school office.
- For Laptop lessons, some activities could involve using sound for additional learning. If possible, students can bring an inexpensive set of earphones, which can be kept under lock and key in my class. Then they could use them in class.
We are learning to form our letters correctly. Thank you for helping your child build correct muscle memory in their handwriting.