Welcome to the Year 2 Homepage!
Here you can find important information, such as the newsletter, as well as any information regarding all of Year 2.
For information about your child's class, please check the Homeroom teacher's page. For additional resources for subjects, please look at the Language Arts, Math and Science pages within Year 2.
The links in the subject pages may be used for practice at home.
You can buy your child's photos starting from as per the email you received.
When? November 18, 2018 until November 29, 2018 from 7:00 am - 8:00 am and from 12:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Where? Main school administration building
How? Purchases can be made in CASH ONLY directly through the representative
Please note that class teachers will NOT be collecting photo money.
SAVE THE DATE
The photographers will be taking individual and class photos in the coming two weeks.
Please check the document on the left to find your child's class assigned day for class photo. Refer to the email you received for more info.
- The picture order form has been sent to you via email, and hard copies of the form will be distributed to your child next week.
Please make sure your child comes to school on the day assigned for their class photo wearing a full uniform (if your child has PE on that day, kindly send the PE kit in a bag as your child will change into the PE uniform for the PE lesson only).
- Please note that you will be notified should there be any change in the schedule due to some classes taking more time than expected.
Sunday November 18 2018
Please note that we continue to add new links and resources to the Year 2 Google Site. Please check our Language Arts, Math and Science pages every Sunday!
Thanks for your cooperation and support at home!
Year 2 Team
Recycling Items Project
Year 2 students will start creating their recycling projects in school. Please note that you can discuss how to make the project at home yet the project must be done in school. Students will have time to create their original piece in school throughout the week. Year 2 teachers will choose 3 top winners and they will be rewarded a generous amount of house points. Examples of recycling projects:
Meet the Team!
Year 2-2/ Team Leader
Kindly note that we are constantly discussing the importance of personal care as it is vital for our health and hygiene.
- Please encourage your children to take their time when brushing their teeth in the morning and at night. This will help them establish independent routines. Students feel more confident when they come to school fresh and neat.
- Girls' hair must be tied up or clipped away from their face.
- Kindly check that your children wear comfortable shoes to school, which is just the right size for them.
- Healthy food is a big thing in our class. Please make sure their lunch bag includes a sandwich, healthy snacks (preferably fruits and veggies), juice, and plenty of water to drink - especially that the weather is getting hotter.
- Please give your child a chance to be independent.
- All EMS students must come to school wearing the complete EMS uniform. Please make sure your child wears the school jacket and/or PE outfit. School uniform is now available on campus for a discounted price.
Thank you for doing this already. Please encourage consistency.
Your child must be motivated to be independent and self-conscious when it comes to matters like these.
We Care About Your Kids
- Due to the heat, it is very important that students bring water bottles to school so they have enough water to drink throughout the day.
- We also support "No hat, no play" policy, so please send a cap or hat with your child to wear during outdoor break times.
- We highly encourage our students to eat healthy food. Therefore, please make sure you pack healthy sandwiches and snacks in your child's lunch box, such as sandwiches, peeled/cut out fruits, cut vegetables, yogurt, juice... Please send a spoon or fork in your child's lunch box if needed.
- EMS is a nut free school, so please don't send roasted/raw nuts or peanut butter sandwiches with your child. Chips, candy, chocolate, chocolate sandwiches, fizzy drinks are not allowed. Kindly avoid sending fried food and pasta on a daily basis.
- Your children wake up very early and they spend a lot of effort in school. Please make sure they get enough sleep and rest on school nights.
- Please make sure your children get to eat breakfast before they arrive to school. Many children complain of hungriness and stomachache during the first 3 lessons which makes it difficult for them to settle down and focus on the lessons taught. Bear in mind that the first break students get is at 9.30.
EMS Year 2 Curriculum Guide
The following curriculum framework provides a set of progressive learning objectives for Mathematics, English and Science, taken directly from the Cambridge Curriculum Frameworks. The objectives detail what the learner should know or what they should be able to do by the end of that year in Primary.