Welcome to Year 2
Shaikh Faisal Museum Trip April 2018
Trip Permission form will be sent Monday April 9 for your consent. Please see the attached letter for dates Year 2 classes will go on the trip.
Kindly note that we are constantly discussing the importance of personal care as it is vital for our health and hygiene.
- Please encourage your children to take their time when brushing their teeth in the morning and at night. This will help them establish independent routines. Students feel more confident when they come to school fresh and neat.
- Girls' hair must be tied up or clipped away from their face.
- Kindly check that your children wear comfortable shoes to school, which is just the right size for them.
- Healthy food is a big thing in our class. Please make sure their lunch bag includes a sandwich, healthy snacks (preferably fruits and veggies), juice, and plenty of water to drink - especially that the weather is getting hotter.
- All EMS students must come to school wearing the complete EMS uniform. Please make sure your child wears the school jacket and/or PE outfit. School uniform is now available on campus for a discounted price.
Thank you for doing this already. Please encourage consistency.
Your child must be motivated to be independent and self-conscious when it comes to matters like these.
We Care About Your Kids
- Due to the heat, it is very important that students bring water bottles to school so they have enough water to drink throughout the day.
- We highly encourage our students to eat healthy food. Therefore, please make sure you pack healthy sandwiches and snacks in your child's lunch box, such as sandwiches, peeled/cut out fruits, cut vegetables, yogurt, juice... Please send a spoon or fork in your child's lunch box if needed.
- EMS is a nut free school, so please don't send roasted/raw nuts or peanut butter sandwiches with your child. Chips, candy, chocolate, chocolate sandwiches, fizzy drinks are not allowed. Kindly avoid sending fried food and pasta on a daily basis.
- Your children wake up very early and they spend a lot of effort in school. Please make sure they get enough sleep and rest on school nights.
- Please make sure your children get to eat breakfast before they arrive to school. Many children complain of hungriness and stomachache during the first 3 lessons which makes it difficult for them to settle down and focus on the lessons taught. Bear in mind that the first break students get is at 9.30.
Healthy food. Healthy bodies. Healthy minds.
Get enough rest and sleep well, kids!
Year 2 Curriculum Guide
Here you will find an overview of English and Math standards.