Term 2 - Fiction and Story Elements
Character Traits used to describe characters in stories and fairy tales.
Initial Consonant Blends
Long and short vowels
- The Little Red Hen
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears
- Elmer the Elephant
- B - Introduce the characters and the setting
- M - State the problem and relevant events
- E - Explain how the problem is solved and how the story ends
Full stop . Used at the end of telling sentences
The children are in the playground.
Exclamation mark ! : Used at the end of sentences that show strong feelings
I am so excited to go on a field trip!
Question mark ? : Used at the end of sentences that ask a question
Where is my big, red ball?
5Ws and How
- Who are the characters? (names)
- When did the story happen? (time of day)
- Where did it take place? (setting)
- What happened in the story? (problem)
- Why did it happen? (because...)
- How did was the problem solved? (ending)