Light and Dark and The Solar System
Project Time !!!
Create Your Own Celestial Diorama
Due on Thurs., Apr. 19, 2018
For this project you will research your topic using any materials you can think of: encyclopedias, Internet, library books, etc. Use google as a search engine for project ideas that are child friendly.
Each student is going to create an informational display on one of the following:
Our Solar System:
- The Sun
Create a diorama or a large poster of your celestial body, cut it out, and glue it to your poster board. IN YOUR OWN WORDS, write 7 ‐ 10 facts about your topic (in complete sentences). Glue your facts onto your poster board, add your name and the date.
Create. Label. List facts. Decorate.
Remember to use your words.
Be creative and have fun!
You can add stars to your background and make it look even more celestial! Take your time and do a neat job. Your final product should be well organised, creative, and easy to read.
- BiteSize Science Activities: http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks2/science/
- BiteSize Review: http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/subjects/z2pfb9q
- CrickWeb Review Activities: http://www.crickweb.co.uk/ks2science.html
- Science Kids Activities: http://www.sciencekids.co.nz/gamesactivities.html
- Interactive Sites For Education (Science): http://interactivesites.weebly.com/science.html
- National Geographic Kids: http://kids.nationalgeographic.com
- KidsTryScience Experiments: http://www.teacherstryscience.org/kids-experiments
- PBSKids Science Activities: http://pbskids.org/games/science/
Materials and their Properties
Find below a suggested activity that you might want to do with your child.
How to Take Care of the Environment
Desert and Ocean
Natural and Built Environment
Living and Non Living Things
Various information to review about Living and Nonliving. Please check out the videos, websites, games to explore more on this unit: