Mr. Callam's Class
Hello! My Name is Mr. Callam and I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.
I am originally from Durham, England and I am starting my first year here at EMS.
This is going to be an exciting adventure for us all, and I am looking forward to a year of progress and fun.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments at email@example.com or by making an appointment with our department secretary.
- A reminder that students are encouraged to bring headphones to school to use with laptops and also to bring their own cushion for sitting around the classroom in comfort.
- All students have been given their new logins for Mangahigh and they have now received their login details for RazKids.
- Google classroom has started being used; students have been invited to join using their student email address and have also accessed it in class.
- Homework will be given in the form of Mangahigh, Razkids and also through Google Classroom.
- Library is last lesson every Sunday so please remember to return your books every week!
In Maths, we are focusing on our times tables and identifying multiples. So far we have begun practising our 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 10 times tables.
In English, we have started using both guided reading and Razkids to support our progress with reading. As part of our big idea we have been planning our own Sci-Fi story, including our own hero, villain and setting.
In Social Studies, we have used our research, books and the internet to create our draft posters which detail all our knowledge of Ancient Egypt. Final drafts will be done over the next week.
In Science, we have continued exploring sound. Students have brought their own musical instruments from home and have discussed them with each other, as well as answering questions about their creations.