Welcome to Year 5.4 2018/2019
Mr. Martin who has been teaching the same year group for the past 7 years in middle east will be the new Year 5-4 teacher for this academic year. This is my third year at English Modern School. Get ready to have fun while learning in this wonderful year. I love it when my students are happy and see me as a mentor, a friend and a teacher. Moreover, kids don't learn from the people they hate.
At Mr. Martin's class, we strive to maintain a positive environment where students and staff enjoy school and treat each other with mutual respect. We P.R.I.D.E ourselves in what we do.
- P- Positive Attitude
- R- Respect for All
- I- Integrity
- D- Doing the Right Thing
- E- Effort Towards Learning
PRIDE yourself to Be Great! Be a Leader!
Students can know if they are showing P.R.I.D.E by applying the five-way test:
- Is what I’m saying and doing done with a Positive attitude?
- Is what I’m saying and doing showing Respect for all?
- Is what I’m saying and doing showing Integrity?
- Is what I’m saying and doing an example of Doing the right thing?
- Is what I’m saying or doing showing Effort towards learning?
Classroom Expectations - P.R.I.D.E
- Actively Listen, Make good eye contact, and participate.
- Cooperate with your teacher and classmates.
- Be kind and encourage others.
Respect for All
- Accept and respect everyone. Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
- Use positive words and body language.
- Take responsibility for your actions
- Be honest.
Doing the Right Thing
- Stop, think, and make good choices.
- Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
Effort Towards Learning
- Pay attention and follow all directions the first time.
- Be prepared and on time. Put first things first.
- Give your best effort.
Websites to use at home;
Mangahigh - Math
Home Learning Expectations
Kindly make a daily follow-up routine by asking your child the following questions;
- What new things did you learn today?
- Did you have an opportunity to be challenge to think harder?
- Do you have any pending school work or homework that you need to complete?
As a parent, you need to make sure you read with your child for at least 30 minutes daily or make sure they make use of Raz-Plus to read for at least 30 minutes daily.