Mr Diego's Class 5.6
My Name is Mr. Diego Cabrera. I am from Venezuela, located in South America. I have been teaching in international schools for the past 4 years. This is my second year at EMS. I am more than excited and thrilled to teach at EMS Doha.
Mr. Diego's Timetable
ALWAYS check Google Classroom
Home Practise will always be assigned through Google Classrooms.
How are we behaving in class?
Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday
English Speaker of the Week
Congratulations to Ahmad Al-Jufairi who did his best to become the English Speaker of the Week in 5-6. He consistently tried his hardest to use his English skills and enjoys reading at all times! Way to go!!
It is with great pleasure that I let you know who is the student who strived for excellence through this month achieving every single step to show progress in their academic and social performance in our class.
Congratulations Salsabeel Elrefaei! Keep up the good work and being focused towards your goals! I am proud of you!
How can you become the student of the month?
Check out the criteria!
Criteria may include, but is not limited to:
1. Academic performance – may include grades, class participation, shows marked improvement in performance, contributes, reliability, cooperative, works hard in all aspects
2. Character – displays one or some of the following: adaptability, compassion, kindness, honesty, initiative, loyalty, optimism, perseverance, respect, responsibility, and/or trustworthiness.
3. Behaviour – shows respect to peers, teachers, coaches, school staff, and those in authority, is well-mannered. Behaviour includes both inside and outside of the classroom.
4. Effort – works hard and is persistent, displays interest and eagerness in learning, helps others
5. Social Relationship – displays leadership, willingness to help peers, shows respect to others. Good citizenship or improvement in citizenship. Respectful to peers and adults.
6. Attendance – attends school regularly and arrives to school or practice on time or displays a positive improvement in attendance.
What's happening in school?
Trouble and solution in stories
Continue writing about setting and characters
Water cycle experiments
Word problems (understanding and comprehension)
Nets of 3D shapes
Introduction to plot in the first quadrant
Work on International Day Project
- We have started reading in our groups.
- Looking at the cover, back cover, and brief summary to determine what a book will hold inside for us.