Ms Habiba's class 5.6
My name is Habiba, this is now my third year at EMS.I am looking forward to having this experience and getting to know my wonderful new students.I hope to bring a positive influence to my class and look forward to learning from them too.If you have any concerns or questions please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sports Day Pics taken by Ms Masuma
Important Dates and Information
We are now entering the Ramadan Timetable. School starts at 8 and students go home at 12.30. Lessons will carry on as normal and assessments/quizzes will carry on happening until school ends June 14th. I really encourage you all to come and hope to see you till the last day :)
What are we doing on the last term?
- Understanding different types of measurements (length, mass, volume)
- How to convert measurements
- Estimate (guess) and measure objects
- Calculate different shapes using area & perimeter
We will then go through everything the last few weeks to help us recap all we learnt in yr 5.
- Explore the way the earth rotates
- How it orbits around the sun
- Learn about the planets in our Solar System
- Modern Scientists , their lives, work and experiments
- Understanding persuasive language & ability to use it
- Identify issues that affect us
- Identify the authors purpose
- Demonstrate understanding of the structure of persuasive language
- To understand the use of persuasive media and its psychological effects.
- We will start non-fiction and write biographies/autobiographies.
Always check google classroom, important information will be updated weekly.
This week is:
- Maths:Mangahigh and times table: You need to choose one timetable you need to work on and practise that this week.
- LA Readers:Razplus is now up and running, please also take your reading book from our class or one you chose from the library
- Spelling: is on Google classroom
- Google classroom for LA Writers (please remember to turn it in on Google Classroom, try not to send it on a separate word document or it won't show Ms Habiba you completed your H/W).